Friday, February 24, 2006

Liam, Layla, and all that jazz

I have two lizards at home called Liam and Layla. Layla is the larger of the two - she's twice as big as Liam. But Liam's only a baby. He's an inch and a half long and is not even fully green. He hangs around the sitting-room chandelier mainly, whereas Layla prefers the roof of the upstairs bathroom. They are very cute!

Here it is not possible to keep the lizards out. In the poshest restaurants in Phnom Penh you see them chasing each other up and down the walls until you pick your favourite and vote on the race outcome! They vary from an inch to a foot and a half. If Layla or Liam grow that much, I'll be showing them the door because I like living alone - well alone with the mosquitoes and other insect forms. I'll hoping that Liam and Layla will take care of the insect issue coming into the hot months.

My project is almost finished. I am still not happy with one of the articles because I was supposed to make a collage of photos. The only tool I have is MS Picture Manager which is shite and not properly installed to boot. No collage just text and pics. Maybe I can hire a consultant to help?

I'm thinking of hiring someone to clean the house. I've been offered many's the time but I refused. Now the realisation is that I don't have time to clean three times a week (it's got to be that often because of the insect population) especially because of the hours I work.

Going to the market again tomorrow to pick up the clothes I had made, exchange DVDs, buy fruit and household goods, and to not buy knockoff handbags. Having a handbag here is an invitation to be robbed, according to security!

TGIF - have a good one

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should keep the lezards, they eat the mosquitoes!
And just send me your picture, I'll do the job!

Cheers

Mór Rígan said...

I do like my lizards! Thanks for the offer but I think I've sorted it now. If I need help again I'll ask :-)