Tuesday, February 07, 2006

In The Summertime

It is so hot here that as I walk to and fro from work at lunchtime (mornings and evenings are fine) I fantasise about lounging in a pool, with cute waiters bringing me cold Cosmos.

I ran after a random girl yesterday becuase I thought she was Irish and that I should get on with the business making friends. She's not Irish but American. Didn't matter we chatted and went to dinner in this great old colonial style café. The chairs were lounging and the fans were going. It was dusk and the lizards were climbing the walls - very pretty. We sat on the balcony and watched the passers by from the first floor. There was good food, cool beer, and interesting conversation. It felt like I should be drinking Gin and Tonics for the full colonial experience but I dislike G & Ts immensely. Then I thought of pretending it was the deep south and drinking whiskey sour as I and others did in Colorado. However beer won because it was a Monday night and I'm sensible. It was fun though!

Watched The Hurricane when I got back to the hotel - love that movie. I may have to get another real estate agent because this one is not returning my calls. I don't know whether that is normal or here or not!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great descriptions of the colonial style café. You should write. Set a book there...or a short story...or a play...or or or..Enjoying your blogs

Anonymous said...

Quick note to say I love your blog so keep on posting (and you should definitively get a camera and use picassa !)

cheers

Mór Rígan said...

Well thank you kindly Mr or Ms Anonymous. I would like to write and if I ever find an apartment and unpack my stuff then there's every possibility that I will!

Hi Pierre, I do use Picasa but the digital cameras here are as pricey as in Ireland. But I have a plan ...