Thursday, February 02, 2006

Dark As A Dungeon

There was a power cut last night for the whole night which was interesting. Although earlier on I was in the supermarket and everything went dark. I didn't know whether to loot or leave but the decision was made for me when the lights came back five minutes later. I was clutching my handbag like a crazy person and everyone was using their mobiles to see. That’s a terrible idea, although it appears to be sensible at the time, because after you can’t see anything. Better to let one’s eyes get accustomed to the dark and not grab at veg!

Real estate agent showed me a great apartment, which when I went there with security, was already rented. Pity as it was near work and was big and only $260 a month. This renting business is dragging on for soooo long. I just want to unpack.

I had my security briefing yesterday. I am doubly chicken shit now. Hermit times ahead. Some of the rules are no handbags, no out alone after dark, no out after 8pm and all trips have to be approved by security. Certainly is different here!

I discovered that I can’t text internationally so please don’t take it amiss if I don’t text you back. Sorry :-(

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: