Friday, September 12, 2008

Haunted?

Yesterday I had the girls over for book club. We were discussing the marvellous work, The tenderness of wolves, which I highly recommend. After covering diverse subjects, I went down to the gate to let them out and came back upstairs to the roar of water.

Weird I thought. It's 10pm. The Khmer family below is probably not having a shower at this hour and the water pressure is far better than mine. Checked my taps but they were good. The noise was really loud and went on for ages and I eventually thought to check upstairs.

Water was cascading out of the tap in the sink and on to the floor. Luckily this wasn't an issue. Most bathroom floors in Cambodia also serve as the floor of the shower. But is was clear that the water had been flowing for a while - very environmentally friendly!

So how did the water start? I don't know. When I arrived home, I set up for bookclub but wasn't upstairs and there was no sound of water. None of the girls went upstairs nor heard anything. The cleaner wasn't there yesterday either.

I may have a ghost. Although, I've been in that house for two years and I've not had a supernatural encounter, that I can recall. Just can't think of a rational explanation for taps being turned on randomly.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: