Monday, June 25, 2007

Urban legends - plastic bottles

As a regular reader of Snopes I was well aware this one but it's amazing that such ignorance is still being propagated over the internet.

hi friend,

this is info i got fr my friend

Just Info please get more information from your Doctor for confirmation!!!!!!!

Hi ladies, just wanted to let you know some
VERY important information!
This information was given to me by my husband and I
know all the ladies in my life should know and please forward it to all
the ladies in your life.

My husband has a friend whose mother recently got diagnosed with
breast cancer. The doctor told her women should not drink bottled water
that has been left in a car
. The doctor said that the heat and the
plastic of the bottle have certain chemicals that can lead to Breast
Cancer
. So please be careful and do not drink that water bottle that has
been left in a car and pass this on to all the women in your life.

This information is the kind we need to know and be
aware and just might save us!!!!
Such rumours stuff up inboxes and cause panics. If I was to listen to every rumour I would not drink bottled water for fear of breast cancer, gallstones and everything else that is attributed to toxins. But on the other hand if I drink tap water I risk giardia, gastro-intestinal distress, worms, typhoid and the classic, arsenic poisoning. Now while is it true that tap water in Cambodia contains arsenic, the levels are much lower than in Bangladesh for example. Sometimes you just have to have a glass of water. I'd be grateful not to receive such spam again.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: