Thursday, June 28, 2007

Repairing a flat tire

This morning I discovered that I had a flat tire on the way to work and I brought my moto to a roadside repairman. He checked the tube and there was a fairly major rip and a new tube was required. Now I'd been to this particular repairman before and he had overcharged me to the tune of three time the regular price. It was my first tube change so I didn't know the price.

Ever since then I went elsewhere and got the regular price of $3. There were no questions asked in all the other places I went. It was always $3.

Getting back to today... this particular repairman was the only one between my house and my work and I was late to work so I thought I could negotiate with him, now that I know the correct price.

He cut the tube so there was no chance for just blowing it up for the 50 metres to my work and while getting it off the stand, managed to break one of the shock stabiliser. I was livid. He and the motodops gathered around laughed. I pushed it to work and the guards and drivers looked at it.

These guys were terrific. They bought me a tube and stabiliser, installed everything and wouldn't take a penny above cost. I am buying them presents for sure. My bike is now in perfect working order again.

It's amazing how often things like this happen. You get pissed off with a motodop or repairman for ripping you off even though you know the score and then somebody will come along and be so generous and giving. It keeps you off balance a little. Now all I have to decide on is what present to get!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: