Sunday, January 22, 2006

Hot and humid

So so hot here and I would say that the humidity must be in the high 90s. I walked as far as the office today and by the time I arrived I was drenched in sweat - not the dainty ladylike kind either. There is just about enough air con in the office and at the hotel. I sleep with it on all the time - I've probably lost 10 kgs already!
Everyone in the office and hotel are really nice and friendly. The transport situation is wierd though. There are no buses but loads of motos. To go somewhere you get on the back of a strange man's bike. If I walk, "madame moto?" is what I hear every step of the way. The traffic is crazy here. Everyone asks me whether I'm going to buy a car - well not until I'm a lot more used to it! I was thinking of a motor bike (moto) instead. Might be fun of the hair raising type!

I went looking at houses to rent today and one of the guys in the office came to act as interpreter - really nice. I found a place that I might move in to. Its a bit pricy at $400 but has three bedrooms and is really near work. Security will have to check it out before anything else of course.
The food is good - noodles for breakfast and rice for lunch at the moment I'm too tired to make it to dinner. It is so much better to have the local cuisine as Western food tastes shite here! Went for Chinese the other day and it was divino! Seems to get better the closer you are to China - strange that.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: