Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Return to Phnom Penh

Getting up was hard.

My head hurt.
My hands hurt.
Everything hurt.

Went to meet the others at breakfast. Felt somewhat better after orange juice, water, eggs and paracetamol. Everyone was feeling a little rough. Nevertheless we screwed up our courage to have a final swim in the sea before heading off. C bought some BBQ shrimp from a beach vendor and for the entire journey back to Phnom Penh was vomitious. Perhaps the two events were connected.

The journey back took ages. Hours went by like minutes and we were still not home. Odysseus had nothing on us. Eternity stretching out to grasp my throat. Obviously I made it home but it was a struggle. B called over with gf and introduced us. She seems lovely. I M*A*S*Hed out till about midnight.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: