Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Years Eve

I woke up to an empty room. M and all her stuff was gone. What had I done to make her leave? Am I that terrible a roommate?

The explanation was somewhat simpler. She decided that now that the aircon was fixed we could move back to the old room. Since her stuff was all gone I conceded. And grumbling a little, repacked and moved back to the original room. Met up with the others and hit the beach. Ate, swam, slept, said no to a thousand vendors.

Then it was time to get dressed up for New Years. I wore my black corset top and black pants and was quite happy with the effect. In an interesting reversal of gender roles, the girls were ready hours before the boys. We consumed many cans in our impatience.

Again cocktails, dinner, dancing, drinking and then some more drinking.

At midnight I was standing on a large rock. Hugs all around. No kissing for any of our group this year. I haven't been kissed this yet this year! Perched on the rock with me were C, Doc, M and assorted Aussies. In attempting to get to the bar I jumped off the rock, wreaked my flipflops and cut my hands. I am wearing bandages as I type. However, it wasn't just me - M and C both fell off the same rock - I am not alone in my disgrace. I also have two parallel cuts on my back but I've no idea where they came from.

Ah well, I'm fine really. You know friends shouldn't let friends text when alcohol has been consumed. Luckily not all of them went through ;-) Of course if D was here she'd be encouraging me to text rather than preventing me.

It was a good evening. I finally made it back to the guesthouse at around 3.40. It was time to go to bed. So I did.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: