Monday, May 01, 2006

Mi fin de semana








Well it was a good weekend for the most part. I went swimming after work on Friday which was lovely. I had my 20 laps done by the time D arrived but continued so she could get hers in. Then jacuzzi and relaxation until I realised that I was late meeting P and we still hadn't eaten. So off to the Khmer Kitchen where I had a spectacular omelette and panicked the whole time about being late to meet P. I showed up about an hour late to Gasolina but P had made himself comfy talking to a couple of American girls so I could have not hurried. Oh well. Gasolina was a laugh and a half. We snagged on the best seats - a bed in the garden with plush red cushions – it’s the kind of place Gasolina is. Almost any bar here required flip flop removal! K and other had a dance off. When it was time to leave (2.30am) I was able to walk home it's two blocks away. The dog was cool.

So obviously slept in on Saturday and read most of the day. E and I went with a friend of hers to Luno d'Autumo - a fancy Italian restaurant when European pricing - actually I'd said more like Irish pricing cos it was so expensive. We had a good time and a good bottle of wine! And then we went for one drink to Pontoon - a boat bar. I really like that place because of the natural air con (wind) and the plethora of comfy lounging chairs. It's lovely to kick off your flip flops and bounce until a bedlike couch where you can almost trail your hand in the water. The water it quite polluted so the image is enough. E didn't stay very long as she had had a long day of meetings but she introduced me to R before she left and R and I had some very interesting conversations about race and slavery. He had heard somewhat bizarre stories on Irish history but I set the record straight!

The aussie crowd turned up rather late and we danced the night away. R introduced me to his friends including the very cute Brazilian that I have noticed around - he plays football and DMD showed his face too. More dancing, drinking, and messing around - fun was had but at 3 am I disembarked and moto ed it home. The dog was cool tonight too. The dog is weird. He'll sometimes freak out when I arrive home and then others he'll ignore me - barely a whimper. I don't know what's up at all with him.

OK Sunday, yesterday, oh my head. Brought all the not working DVDs back to the Russian market and the girl exchanged them showed me that they work - went home and they don't work. I do not understand and the DVD sitch is quite annoying. But I went to the pool to cool down and then walked home from the supermarket in the rain cos I'm a little strapped for cash right now. It was quite pleasant though. Raindrops falling on my head.

Watched a documentary on the Bible of Judas that had some very interesting theories. Tonight there is a programme on the Knights Templar and the Holy Grail. National Geographic is doing a "Secret Bible Week" and I'm enthralled.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: