Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I'm back on the blog - been gone a while



Well it has been quite a while since I blogged. I've been so busy these last few weeks with hair-pulling frustration and excruciating deadlines. Life's been so stressed for ages that I'm not sure what to do now without the constant pressure of International Volunteers' Day is relieved.

The day itself - that is to say yesterday - was a very mixed bag. It was both a moderate success and a total failure. Most of the celebrities that were to show up did and even the minister made an appearence although it was touch and go for a while. The failure came from the lack of participants. Essentially the Cambodian equivalent of Brad and Angelina came to our event and they were addressing a crowd of moto drivers and not even a particularly large crowd. The stage was excreably managed and our partner NGOs fucked us royally. Nevertheless I am delighted to see the end of the event.

Although I have been as busy as a rabbit in mating season, my friend M from Paris came to visit. It was delightful to see him and I believe he enjoyed himself and even made a new friend. We went snorkling/diving and motoing in Sihanoukville, where we also enjoyed the happy pizza! After two days we left for Kep, where we met up with the gang and much fun was had. M and I may have been a little childish throwing water on our sleeping friends but no one was too pissed off with us.

There's been quite a bit of partying lately which although enjoyable does tend to take it out of one. Looks like next weekend will also be a big one!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: