Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Alanis versus Fergie



This is one number on YouTube at the moment. It's a vid of Alanis singing Black Eyed Peas "My Humps". I hated the song before I knew the artist. When I saw it was BEP's I was so disappointed. How could such a group go from

If love and peace so strong
Why are there pieces of love that don't belong
Nations dropping bombs
Chemical gases filling lungs of little ones
With ongoing suffering
As the youth die young

to

I drive these brothers crazy,
I do it on the daily,
They treat me really nicely,
They buy me all these ices.
Dolce & Gabbana,
Fendi and NaDonna
Karan, they be sharin'
All their money got me wearin' fly

Anyway I hated that song until I heard the Alanis version because of the terminology BEPs use, the image of Fergie as a golddigging tease and the inevitable conclusion that certain people draw - "women are just golddigging whores". But thanks to Alanis for turning it into a parody and we can laugh at Fergie as a result.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: