Friday, March 10, 2006

Minor drama

I was cooking noodles and broccoli for dinner. The broccoli was perfectly done and I was heating the water for the noodles when pouf - no more gas. What to do? Half of my dinner was ready. I had no desire to go back out into the early evening's sweltering heat. I called the number on the gas canister and procceded to have a pidgin English conversation with the gasman. The upshot of which was that he agreed to bring a fresh can of gas to my house for the sum of $12.50 which was acceptable.

Then came the waiting and the wondering. Would he show up? Was this going to be another locksmith drama?

Then four kids appear at the door and following them huffing and puffing was the gasman with a new gas canister. All is well. My dinner is saved!

It was actually edible for my second shot at Asian cooking. I can reveal that my first attempt was not successful. I'm going to see if they had that book "The complete idiot's guide to Asian cooking" here.

I think the key is either oyster or soy sauce - but I don't know which!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: