Monday, March 13, 2006

Cutting hair

Well it was a grand weekend. The highlight of which was getting my hair done on Saturday evening. Along with the haircut there was a head massage with the shampoo part. When it came to the rinsing, it was a reclining massage chair. So relaxing. Before the girl cut my hair she also gave me a neck and shoulder massage. Its a great idea and only $7. Perhaps someone should capitalise on it at home, instead of bored "junior stylist"Jacinta scalding your head with hot water, you get a head massage.

Went out to lunch with a group of people from work to a lovely Khmer restaurant which is rapidly becoming my favourite. There we sat for three hours on the floor. I could barely get up afterwards. I'm just not used to sitting on the floor for that long. I listened to much Khmer althought there were English speakers and other internationals here.

The heat is intense and its going to rise until May. I don't leave the office at lunch time anymore because it is too hot. I'd burn in the two blocks to my house.

Tomorrow I'm going to Poipet a wild west town on the Thai- Cambodian border. I go as a reporter trying to get an interview (in English) with victims of human trafficking. I already have secured one with the volunteer who resettles former victims of human trafficking. It should be interesting!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: