Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Heat

The weather is so hot that my feet were in pain from walking barefoot from the changing rooms to the pool, today at lunchtime. It must have been a grand total of eight metres. The ground was scorching and I had forgotten my flipflops. The though of scorching tiles didn't occur to me. I normally swim before work when the heat is less stifling. And you know it's hot when getting in the water brings no relief. The water is the same - too hot.

Monday night I had to sleep without aircon due to technical issues. I opened the window and tried to sleep with the fan but it was too hot. I lay in bed sweating and wishing that the rainy season would come. It's always slightly cooler after a rainstorm before the steamy, humid heat hits.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: