Thursday, February 22, 2007

Screwed again

Once again the organisation I work for has screwed me over. This is about the sixth time in three weeks (they should be buying me dinner). They systematically rip my benefits away quoting rules and regulations. If I didn't love my job and host agency, I would seriously consider quitting.

This time they have decided not to reimburse my return flight from Ireland to Cambodia. The lackey in headquarters seems to enjoy depriving me of all benefits. It's driving my local representative mad - he's foaming at the mouth on my behalf. And now it appears that our local lackey (or Lackey 2) knew about this, due to secret correspondence, but failed to mention it at any stage.

Neither my rep nor I knew that there was a danger of losing the cost of the flights. We were not copied into the email but Lackey is quoting from his own email to Lackey 2 and saying he can't do anything, "there's no provision in the conditions of service and it's not possible to treat it as an exception case". Half the problems in the beginning were his lousy English.

Oh well, there's not much I can do. I'll have to wait till next month to buy the bare necessities, over 30 days because of idiot Lackey. However, I am composing a strongly worded letter that I will send to each person in headquarters along my particular chain of command up to the director. It's not acceptable to treat people as I have been treated. It will not change a thing but I want to make my opinions known. It won't be the first time :-)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: