Thursday, September 21, 2006

Life

The streets are quiet. It feels like an early Sunday afternoon at home. The UN are the only people at work today because of the festival of Pchum Ben. It is the Cambodian equivalent of All Saints Day and most of the residents of Phnom Penh have gone to the provinces. It is so peaceful here - also hard to find a motodop. Going to do a shop today as tomorrow *nothing* will be open. My bosses are considering letting us go at lunchtime - that would be excellent.

I am sure everybody has heard about the coup d'état in Thailand. As one of Thailand's closest neighbours, Cambodia remains unconcerned. Friends of mine are heading tomorrow towards the military coup and martial law when the general rule when it comes to civil unrest is participate or get the hell out of the way. Speaking of I hope D is OK in Budapest.

As there is no way to extend my contract here I am job hunting again. It seems like its all I do - hunt the wily job. I've already had an offer but they wanted someone immediately and it was part time. I want to finish out my contract here and then walk into a plush salary and a penthouse in Manhattan!

Anyway have a great weekend - eat, drink and be merry cos tomorrow there may be bird flu!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: