Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Guess who's back

Its been so long since I wrote - I may have forgotten how to post. I'm back in Cambodia after a very enjoyable trip home and one that seemed far too short. My brother got married in a beautiful ceremony and an excellent party afterwards. I went to Dublin and Kerry. I did not want to leave Kerry. It is so beautiful at the height of summer. I even felt sick leaving the place. I swam in the cold Atlantic and had a great time. It was just too short a time.

Oh well next summer perhaps... Anyway Cambodia is much the same as when I left. It is a little less warm - only noticeable at night - which is very welcome. The rains are still here and with them dengue and regular flooding.

I celebrated Quatorze Juillet at Elsewhere - a garden bar - and ended up in the pool for the first time ever. Copious volumes of wine were implicated. Many many French people were in attendance. And for the first time ever myself and Maggy were the last to leave and we were still up for partying so we tuktuked around trying to find a bar. We ended up - as always - in the Heart despite our general dislike for the place. Dancing and chatting followed.

I did get a little depressed seeing how many young Western men were with prostitutes and it really makes one wonder whether it would be the same with the men at home if prostitution was more widespread. I prefer to think that the freaks we see here are the exceptions.

After sharing our thoughts on the subject Maggy and I headed for a bar with a pool table and played till dawn. I did have a conversation with a guy who drove to Cambodia to France. That's a journey I want to do but Padraic is not up for it. I think it would be great!

Good Tuesday all!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: